Introducing PlantState Suite 8.1
We are pleased to announce the general availability of PSS V8.1. Several exciting new product enhancements have been implemented to continue to deliver value in the area of Operations Management.
New: IPL Assurance
- ControlWizard Frequent Diagnosis Analysis: We’ve added the ability to analyze the diagnoses within ControlWizard over a user customizable time period so that the worst acting control loops can be easily identified for improvement.
- Trigger based schedules: Schedules can now be tied to expressions to allow a report to be created and emailed out when user-definable criteria are met. For example, a user only wants to receive a report of Critical alarms when these alarms occur during the report period.
- Dynamic Report ranging: The start and end date of a report can now be tied to value blocks to create a report during certain process conditions. For example, producing product specific reports over the time that the product is run.
The Operations Management capabilities of PAS continue to evolve into a comprehensive suite of tools and utilities to effectively manage the operation of industrial facilities. PAS is already an industry leading source for utilities in the areas of Alarm Management, Boundary Management and Control Loop Performance Management. With IPL Assurance, we add to this list a new module with the management of IPLs. IPL Assurance bridges a gap within industry associated with the effective management and recordkeeping of critical protective systems utilized as Independent Protective Layers (IPLs).
- Improves plant safety and operational awareness of safety system performance
- Reduces operational risk and downtime due to shutdowns or turnarounds
- Optimizes plant resources by automating IPL integrity reporting
- Provides audit trail for IEC and OSHA compliance
The software and accompanying Release Notes are available for download from the PAS Customer Care Portal or by contacting Customer Care at RapidSupport.