PAS OptICS 2020 Content Now On-Demand – Strategies and Best Practices for OT Integrity

This week, we held PAS OptICS 2020, our industry and customer conference. Initially starting with a plan to host the event in Houston in April, we chose to first delay the event due to the global pandemic and then decided to go online across four time zones around the world this fall. What a great decision that was, as we were able to reach far more individuals and organizations in our global community than we would have... Read more

OT Cybersecurity Is Improving – Yet PAS Survey Reveals Faster Progress Is Needed to Address Growing Threats

This week, as part of the PAS OptICS conference, we released the results from our OT Cybersecurity Readiness survey conducted during September and October 2020.The topline finding from the survey is that a substantial majority of responding organizations are inadequately prepared for an operational technology (OT) cyber attack with only 15% saying there are highly prepared for such an attack with the other 85% indicating... Read more

Detection, Response, and Recovery: Proactive Best Practices for OT Cybersecurity and Beyond

The NIST Cybersecurity Framework is among the most followed guidelines for managing cyber risk and resiliency. The core of the framework is five functions – identify, protect, detect, respond, and recover. The first functions of identify and protect receive a lot of attention; after all, knowing what you have and identifying ways to protect the most at risk assets is foundational to good cybersecurity risk management... Read more

How Effective is My OT Asset Inventory?

An important foundational capability for operational technology (OT) cybersecurity is an accurate and detailed OT asset inventory. Without such an inventory, it is impossible to have the visibility necessary to understand and reduce risk. Fundamental questions, such as the following, simply cannot be answered:Which of my OT assets has connectivity to the public internet (directly or indirectly)?Which systems and... Read more

PAS Releases Modular OT Cybersecurity Solution, Announces New OT Inventory Assessment Service

Industrial managers are more aware than ever of the risk cyber threats pose to operational technology (OT), production safety, and reliability. However, programs to prevent, detect, and remediate threats to critical OT systems have not received the same level of focus as traditional IT systems. As a recent CISA alert notes, threat actors continue to demonstrate their willingness to target critical infrastructure (Alert AA20... Read more

Displaying results 1-5 (of 10)
 |<  < 1 2  >  >|